top of page
Search
  • stopbchd

Nearly 20 cents of every Dollar Spent by BCHD Goes to Executive Pay

Analysis of BCHD Revenues (72% from Taxpayers) and Expenses (78% Overheads)


EXPENSES - 78% PAID TO OVERHEADS

As noted by the LALAFCO in its audit, labor is largest expense for BCHD and all other expenses pale in comparison to labor. After categorizing BCHD's expenses into Overheads, Return of Property Taxes through Programs, and Return of Property Taxes through Transfers to other Agencies (School Districts, etc.), we find that 78% of all BCHD expenses are for Overheads. That leaves only 22% for transfers of the Property Taxes paid by residents back to Resident uses.


REVENUES - 72% FROM TAXPAYERS

As far as where BCHDs revenues come from analysis, the analysis shows that only 20% are from program fees. The rest are from Taxpayers in the form of Property Taxes, BCHD's Rental of Taxpayer Funded Land/Buildings/Facilities, BCHD's Taking of Interest from Taxpayer Reserve funds, etc. and reimbursements of utilities, etc. from tenants leasing taxpayer owned buildings.



27 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page